Published February 12, 2018 15:15
The Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club is a not-for-profit organization that provides after school, summer, winter and March Break programs for over 1,000 children and youth at two locations in Toronto’s west end (Dovercourt Village: situated north of Bloor Street between Christie Street to the east, the CPR railway lines to the north and Dufferin Street to the west, and Junction Triangle: located in West Toronto, roughly in the area of Bloor Street, Dupont Street, Lansdowne Avenue, and Dundas Street West.)
The Club’s mission is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Position: March Break Camp Staff
Duration of Contract: March 12th-16th, 2018
Nature and Scope: The position is responsible for ensuring safety and providing care for children and youth as well as planning and implementing educational and recreational programs to facilitate learning and achieve developmental goals of children.
Hours: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Implement programs that nurtures the physical, intellectual, social and emotional development of children
- Help plan and implement programs that meet mandatory objectives, including; physical education, nutrition and healthy eating and wellness
- Establish appropriate environments by ensuring safe, clean and sanitary play areas
- Establish rapport with parents, inform of children’s progress, and encourage active involvement on a daily basis
- Participate in staff meetings and staff training sessions
- Assist in daily program set up and clean up
- Graduate of, or currently enrolled in a post-secondary child and youth care, recreation and leisure services, social work, education or related program
- Experience working with children and youth, previous camp experience preferred
- Program, planning and facilitation experience an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR
- Clear vulnerable sector police record check is required
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, February 23, 2018
Subject Line: March Break
Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.