Published January 04, 2018 18:52
Position: Guitar Instructor
Nature and Scope: Guitar lessons are held at the Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club Monday evenings from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. A beginner and an advanced class are offered and class sizes range from 5-8 students per lesson, per session. Some of the students attending the guitar lessons have been able to bring in their own guitars. The organization has purchased 4 guitars for program use.
Reports to: Character Development Lead and Executive Director
Hours: 2 Hours per Week
- Implement weekly guitar lessons for students with varying skill levels in a safe environment
- Ensure that the curriculum adapts with the program and offers new aspects every session
- Establish rapport with parents, inform of children's progress, and encourage active involvement on a weekly basis
- Assist in program set up and clean up
- Graduate of, or currently enrolled in a post-secondary music program
- Experience working with children and youth
- Advanced skill in guitar and its instruction
- Clear vulnerable sector police check is required
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note: We will be reviewing applicants on an ongoing basis as we are looking to fill this position immediately.
Subject Line: Guitar
Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.