Published May 30, 2018 20:19
Position: After School Programs Staff; Dovercourt Clubhouse, Junction Triangle Clubhouse or Outreach School
Duration of Contract: Immediately to June 22nd, 2018
Nature and scope: The position is responsible for ensuring safety and wellbeing of participants enrolled in the After School Program. Staff are to provide care for children and youth as well as planning and implementing educational and recreational programs to facilitate learning and achieve developmental goals of children.
Reports to: After School Program Coordinator and Executive Director
Hours: Part-time 9-15 Hours (3 to 5 Days)
- Design, develop, and implement a wide variety of activities that reflect youth and children’s interests
- Ensure youth have a fun after-school experience
- Be a positive role model
- Attendance at all staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Implement programs and work together with Executive Director, Program Director, Operations Manager and After-School Coordinator
- Prepare appropriate environments by ensuring safe, clean, sanitary areas
- The employee may be assigned to or transferred from any Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club After-School Program location as long as such assignment is in keeping with his/her contractual obligations and job description
- Participate in safe transportation/escort activities for members to arrive at programming such as SafeWalk, if required
- Adhere to the DBGC dress code and wear Club issued shirt
- Graduate of, or currently enrolled in a post-secondary child and youth care, recreation and leisure services, social work, education or related program
- Experience working with children and youth
- After School Program/Camp planning and facilitation experience
- Knowledge of Ontario’s Elementary and Secondary Curriculum (especially regarding literacy and math)
Interested applicants, should submit a cover letter and resume ASAP as we are looking to fill positions immediately.
Subject Line: ASP staff
Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.