Published October 04, 2017 14:31
Position: Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
Start Date: October 2017
Nature and Scope: The position is responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by providing effective and efficient lifeguarding of the Dovercourt Clubhouse Aquatic Centre as well as providing safe and engaging swimming lessons to children of all ages.
Reports to: Pool Coordinator, Dovercourt Clubhouse
Hours: Part-Time, 10-30 hours per week including daytime, evenings, and weekends
• Safe supervision of youth during recreational swims and instructional swims
• Instruct a wide variety of lessons for children
• Conduct swim evaluations of all youth
• Attend all staff meetings and in-service training sessions
• Maintain a safe and hygienic aquatic centre
• Current National Lifeguard (NL) certification
• Standard First Aid with CPR C (current within 2 years)
• Current Instructor certification – Lifesaving Swim Instructor preferred; Red Cross WSI and/or Lifesaving Society Instructor and EFA instructor also accepted.
• Clear Criminal Background Check
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume (stating proof of qualifications).
Attention: Eryn Platt, Pool Coordinator
Dovercourt Boys & Girls Club is an equal opportunities employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.